What happens if you connect a river, a boat and an extreme? That's right, river rafting. This is a real gift for tourists who prefer active rest and who want to test their level of sports training, endurance and ability to react in extreme situations that arise when passing the rough rapids of mountain rivers.
Derived from rafting from the English word "raft", which means "raft". There is even an old story about how rafting came into being. Once, American soldiers had to transport a cargo with food on the Mekong Canal on interconnected rafts, one such raft unhooked from the general group and sailed away with the soldier. The soldier not only did not die, but also received a charge of joy and delight, riding with a breeze through the water and shoveling off the underwater boulders. The military quickly dubbed the fun rafting, and there was no end to those wishing to cross on a high-speed raft.
Nowadays, the raft has nothing to do with a wooden raft. Now it is a specially designed inflatable boat made of quality materials, stable on the water and accommodating from 4 to 20 people. Raft is used for family walks on the water, extreme rafting, expeditions and for rescue operations.
Rafting on the river is quite popular in Russia and is sometimes called water tourism. This type of tourism is affordable and environmentally friendly. Suitable not only for experienced athletes, but also for beginners.
With the right approach, almost any stormy river can be conquered, the hike will bring pleasure, and the conquered difficulties - joy.
There are sports, tourist and hiking rafting on the river. Tourist is more common. The duration of such a trip is only a few hours. Tourists from 4 to 12 participants are accompanied and helped to manage the boat by a professional rower. The team usually consists of 4 to 12 people, including children from 6 years old, if the rafting is not difficult.
Important! In order not to spoil the first impression of the trip, and the first experience turned out to be successful, you need to take a responsible approach to the choice of rafting equipment, to know the basic safety rules.
About the boat, paddle and rescue rope
Raft must meet the following requirements:
Oars should be canoe oars, with strong epoxy blades reinforced with fiberglass.
Water tourism is a type of hiking that takes place on the water surface. Such trips can be carried out along rivers, lakes, seas, reservoirs on various ships. For some it is a fleeting adventure while on vacation, for others it is a business, and for some it is a way of life. Someone prefers to tickle their nerves on extreme rafting on mountain rivers, while someone loves quiet walks on yachts. No matter how different water tourists are, they are united by one thing - love for the water element.
1. Tents. The choice of a tourist tent should be given special attention. This is the very roof over your head that will protect you from any adversity. The tent should be free of obvious flaws: holes, loose seams, no broken locks, fasteners and ties, with intact and functioning arcs. Those shortcomings that seem like a trifle in the city, in nature in severe bad weather can lead to great discomfort and ruin the whole rest, and in the worst case can become a serious threat to health. It is desirable that it be two-layer (single-layer is now practically not produced with rare exceptions). When buying a tent, pay attention to what kind of weather (or, to be precise, "bad weather") it is designed for. This value is indicated in thousands of units and ranges from one and a half to three thousand (tents for amateur tourism). Ideal if the arches in the tent are made of aluminum or duralumin. These materials are much stronger and more durable than CFRP. But, if you do not go on hikes all the time, but get out only once or twice a year out of town, into nature, then tents with arches made of carbon fiber will fully cover all your needs. They cost less than tents with metal arches, and with proper use and skillful storage, they can last up to 10 years.
Finally, let's say that if your team is quite large and the question is "how many tents to take?", then always count so that the number of sleeping places is greater than the number of tourists. The fact is that the number of places in tents is calculated very economically, for hiking (when the volume and weight of equipment is very important). And we, in our articles, talk with you about river rafting (this type of recreation is sometimes also called tourism for the lazy) and in this case you can afford to take one or even two "extra" tents. The option with a large number of berths will allow you to relax in much more comfort than the option with “end-to-end” berths, ie. one to one.
2. Campfire equipment. The most important thing during preparation for rafting on the river is not to forget to take kettles and kettles. It is advisable to have one large pot for making soups and cereals and one pot for brewing tea. We do not recommend taking a teapot (with a "spout"), because. they are less durable, more capricious to transport. It is quite possible to do with a simple bowler during the hike. There is one general requirement for the boiler and kettle - the handle should not be wooden or plastic, in order to avoid it catching fire. In addition to the common boiler and kettle on the rafting, you must have one or two cutting boards (you can just pieces of plywood), one large plate-salad bowl, one or two containers for bulk products. Be sure to take a ladle or ladle.
The so-called tripods, tourist cables, grates, etc. are also referred to as campfire equipment. In general, those devices that allow you to hold the pot and kettle need fire. It is difficult to give any recommendations here, because. it all depends on the wishes and experience of tourists. The main thing is that it is available. Although, many make do with spears and crossbars, which are chopped on the spot.
3. Awning. In any river rafting, it is advisable to have an awning with you or, in extreme cases, a large piece of polyethylene. They can always cover things during the rain (on the catamaran or in the camp while the tents are not set up). You can hide under the awning yourself while cooking or while eating.
4. Ax and chainsaw. Any team of axes must have two (one spare). Axes must be functional and sharpened. A chainsaw is also desirable as makes life much easier on the rafting, but not necessary. You can do without it (if the terrain allows).
5. The camping equipment industry develops from year to year and offers a huge number of things that make life in nature quite comfortable. These things are not necessary for every alloy, in many ways they are even superfluous, but we will mention them in one line so that our readers have an idea that they exist. First, it should be said of the tourist furniture. For example, a table and chairs make any river rafting more comfortable.
Secondly, you can take large awning tents or tents for rafting. They are not intended for spending the night in them, but they make it possible to have a comfortable dinner, wait out the rain and bad weather, and shelter from active sunlight.
Thirdly, you can take a diesel or gasoline generator with you on any trip. Then you will have electric light in the evenings, you will be able to recharge the batteries on cell phones, cameras and navigators. Fourthly, we will mention the plastic barrels with a wide neck, which are very convenient to store food, and some even transport tents in them (the rigidity of the barrels protects the fragile carbon-fiber arches from breakage).
The Cult of Food in South Korea The cult of food reigns in South Korea. One of the questions Koreans often ask a friend is, "Have you eaten yet?" Going to a restaurant is the same kind of leisure as going to the cinema or