What is tourism? It seems to be a simple question, but how difficult it is to immediately formulate a laconic answer.
Tourism is trips (travel) that a person or a group of people makes in their free time from their main job and outside their permanent residence in order to visit another place and countries not for the sake of earning money.
A person who makes such a trip is called a tourist.
Tourism allows you to get acquainted with the culture of other countries, learn something new, and spiritually enrich yourself. It is also one of the best ways to see something new and get away from the hustle and bustle.
Tourism and travel should not be confused. These are completely two different directions.
The trip can be a short one day and without an overnight stay, or the trip can be carried out with the aim of changing residence or earning money.
At that time, tourism involves leaving the place of residence for a period of 24 hours to 6 months (Based on Russian legislation).
The tourist's goal is not to make money, but to spend the money that he earned and accumulated.
It turns out tourism is an important area of the economy. In some countries, it brings the main income to the state.
The advantage of popularizing tourism is that it does not require large initial investments, while it has a high profitability and return on investment. And the development of tourism makes it possible to create new jobs and provide the population with jobs.
Many tourists no longer want to lie under the scorching sun and swim in the warm sea. An unusual and exciting direction of tourism is actively developing - extreme tourism. In this publication we will tell you about this type of tourism, about its types and features.
Features of extreme tourism
Extreme tourism, not for everyone. It is associated with a certain risk to health and even life. Before engaging in any traumatic activity, it will not be superfluous to prepare.
Speaking of extreme tourism, it is difficult to single out any special characteristics. In general, this is an active activity in a territory with a particular landscape or climate. This type of recreation can include a complete rejection of improvised means and technologies, giving only a stick and a knife in hand. And other types of it involve the use of special equipment.
Adventure tourism - main types
Consider the main types of extreme tourism
Probably one of the most popular types of outdoor activities. Usually dives are made in the sea or ocean, where there is an opportunity to observe the underwater world of fish and corals. It is considered relatively safe if all safety precautions and instructor's rules are followed. Before the first dive, it is advisable to take special courses in advance. The favorite places of divers' pilgrimage are traditionally Egypt and Thailand.
Considered more extreme than the previous item, but no less popular. To conquer the peaks, you need not only strength of mind and endurance, but also physical fitness, as well as readiness for difficult weather conditions. Climbing can take place with or without special equipment.
Overcoming obstacles, high speed, difficult tracks. You can enjoy the wild downhill skiing or snowboarding. Alpine skiing will never lose its relevance while it brings an unprecedented rise in adrenaline.
The different types are due to its various manifestations. Tourism is divided into types, categories, types and forms.
Types of tourism
The division of tourism into types is directly related to nationality. There are three types of tourism:
- Outbound tourism (departure of residents of one country to another).
- Inbound tourism (travel to a country of people coming from abroad).
- Internal tourism (movement of residents of a country within the territory of their own country).
Forms of tourism
Forms of tourism are determined by the number of tourists. Tourism can be in the form of:
- Individual tourism (movement of one person or a group of people up to five people).
- Group tourism (groups of six to seven people or more).
Types of tourism
The largest classification is tourism type. Certain types of tourism are:
- Unorganized (or amateur) tourism. It is considered a specific type of tourist activity that is carried out independently on an amateur, voluntary basis.
- Organized (or planned) tourism. It includes various types of tourism that are developed and implemented by tour organizers.
- By mode of travel. There are aviation, rail, road, bus, water, hiking, cycling and combined tourism.
- According to the intensity of the tourist flow. Such tourism is divided into seasonal and off-season.
- By travel duration. Here, short-term (up to 1 week) and long-term tourism stand out.
- By age. There are five groups: children traveling with their parents (up to 15 years old); youth (aged 15 to 24); young economically active tourists (from 25 to 44 years old); middle-aged tourists, economically active (45 - 64 years old); so-called tourists of the third age (over 65 years old).
- By travel destination. This is the largest classification, which is worth dwelling on separately.
Types of tourism depending on the purpose of travel
- Recreational tourism. The most massive type of tourism (it accounts for up to 70% of all tourist trips in the world). Distinctive features of such tourism are: long travel duration; a small number of cities included in the route; long duration of a tourist's stay in the same place (mainly in a resort). Recreational tourism is considered seasonal and is represented mainly by its two most popular types - ski and beach.
- Excursion tourism. This includes travel and travel for educational purposes. However, it is not an independent type of tourism, as it basically complements any other type of tourism.
- Medical tourism. These are trips for the purpose of treatment, which are of an individual and purely personal nature, which in turn distinguishes them from other types of tourism. The organization of such routes, as a rule, is carried out only by firms specializing in this type of tourism, often associated with any medical organizations and institutions. The average duration of such tours is longer than in other types of tourism: it ranges from 24 to 28 days.
In recent years, tourism has received tremendous development in almost all countries of the world, and the Schengen area in this regard is no exception. Several dozen of its types and subspecies were formed, from which any, even the most demanding traveler, can easily choose an entertaining and useful program for himself.
What directions can be considered the most developed today, how well they are represented in Poland, and how among them you can choose a tour just for your own needs, let's try to figure it out.
What types of tourism are there
Currently, there are several general types of tourism, which in turn can be divided into numerous subspecies. Among the most common are the following:
- Cultural and educational. The most common type, in which direct visits to cultural events, excursions to large historical centers, visits to galleries, libraries, theaters, and other similar institutions are carried out.
- Medical wellness. One of the most popular types, within which, directly, treatment or general strengthening of the body is carried out in special sanatoriums, dispensaries, and other similar institutions.
- Sports. In the literature, the special is also further divided into active and passive. It combines such smaller types of tourism: water, mountain, and hiking. Also, visits to high-profile sporting events, for example, football matches, international and national competitions and, of course, the Olympics, are often included in this category.
- Extreme. Sometimes it is considered as an offshoot of sports, but in recent years it has often been defined as an independent branch. This includes travel for the purpose of skydiving, mountaineering, diving.
- Adventure. This is a visit to safari parks, special quests and other events. It is considered one of the shortest-term types, in which the duration of the tour is limited to 1-4 days.
- Business. This includes attending seminars in a particular industry, business trips, internships and other events. Requires a special business visa to arrange departure. In some cases, exhibition tourism is also distinguished from this category.
- Eco-friendly or green tourism. This option provides for the abandonment of the usual comfortable conditions for settling in favor of moving to the outback and using only natural products in the diet, as well as natural benefits to ensure your rest. Within the framework of this tourism, the vacationer must take good care of natural resources and not disturb the ecosystem of the area. Often, it also provides for human participation in field work, as well as harvesting, caring for livestock.
- Religious. This direction involves visiting various churches, iconic places, monasteries. The pilgrimage also applies here.
- Educational. This category unites at the same time training in summer camps, special schools, advanced training courses, as well as obtaining secondary, special or higher education in colleges and universities in another country.
Nowadays, almost all of the above main types of tourism are available to the overwhelming number of travelers. But how to choose the one that will bring maximum pleasure?
In this case, you will have to rely on the specifics of the country you are going to, as well as your personal preferences.
Most developed species in Poland
Poland, like some other European countries, is currently actively developing many types of tourism. If we talk about those industries that in recent years have received the maximum amount of investments and private assistance here, then these should be attributed to:
- Green tourism. It is developed in many remote villages of Poland and is currently one of the most important sources of funding for them.
- Sports. The largest number of bases that have been developed in this direction are located in Zakopane, as well as in the north of the country, there are separate points of such tourism in Krakow, Warsaw, as well as some other large cities.
- Sightseeing. The main centers here are Warsaw, Krakow, Wroclaw and, of course, smaller areas: Poznan, Auschwitz, Lublin.
- Educational. Within the framework of this direction, not only educational summer camps operate practically throughout the country, but also the largest educational centers in Poland. It is currently one of the most promising areas.
- Wellness. In Poland, there are currently several dozen large sanatoriums that can receive tourists from other countries. At their disposal there are salt mines, various types of massage, modern methods of treatment and recovery and, of course, climatotherapy.
Each type can be chosen by you both for a group trip and for individual or even amateur tourism. You just need to correctly approach the preparation of the exit.
The most interesting directions
In recent years, the most actively developing, interesting types of tourism are ecological (so-called green tourism), as well as extreme. As part of this, in Poland, you can fly in a wind tunnel, go down the local rivers.