At the end of 2019, the Chinese authorities announced an outbreak of an unusual viral pneumonia, the epicenter of which was the city of Wuhan. Quite quickly, scientists found out that the disease is caused by a new, previously unknown to science coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. At the end of March, a dangerous disease began to spread in our country.
In this regard, the Government of Russia and the regional authorities of the constituent entities of the Federation have taken a number of unprecedented measures, forcedly slowing down the economy, aimed at curbing the incidence of diseases in our country.
It should be admitted that they hit both business and ordinary citizens quite hard, many of whom lost their income and material resources during the epidemic.
The measures imposed by the country's top leadership and the authorities of the constituent entities of the Federation had an extremely negative impact on the well-being of many Russian citizens.
Persons working in the service sector, tourism, and public catering have found themselves in a particularly difficult situation. Workers in large enterprises have faced significant declines in wages. Many citizens found themselves out of work at all in difficult times.
In order to prevent a complete stop of the economy and social collapse, as well as to support the purchasing power of the population, the Government of the Russian Federation has taken a number of measures of social support for citizens.
They are expressed both in direct financial assistance and in the provision of various indulgences and benefits. In addition, many government agencies have begun to accept applications from citizens in a simplified electronic format. Today, millions of citizens of the Russian Federation have already taken advantage of social support measures to one degree or another.
Next, you should analyze in more detail its forms and conditions of receipt.
Many working citizens who have health problems try not to issue sick leave. This is due to the fact that the temporary disability benefit is rather small in amount.
The Ministry of Economic Development has developed a mechanism to compensate for losses incurred by tour operators in connection with the spread of the coronavirus infection COVID-2019. The state can reimburse them for the costs associated with non-refundable air fares, as well as the costs of returning Russian tourists from other countries, the press service of the department told RBC.
"The Minister of Economic Development Maxim Reshetnikov proposed to compensate for the losses of tour operators associated with non-refundable air fares from January 24 to March 30," a representative of the department told RBC. In addition, tour operators will receive subsidies for the costs associated with the export of tourists from countries that have imposed restrictions due to the spread of the coronavirus, the press service added.
The corresponding draft resolution on the approval of the rules for granting subsidies to tour operators from the federal budget has already been submitted to the government.
Losses of tour operators due to the impossibility of refunding the cost of air transportation are subject to compensation, the Ministry of Economic Development explained. This will affect both charter and regular flights. The department emphasized that the purpose of the subsidy is to return the money paid for the tour to the end consumer of the product - the customer or the tourist. Through subsidies, tour operators will be able to speed up the return of money to tourists.
In addition, it is proposed to compensate the payment for flights to tour operators who took out Russian tourists within two weeks after the countries closed borders.
The Ministry of Economic Development refrained from assessing the amount of subsidies, but noted that the proposals were developed as a result of discussions with representatives of the industry and were supported by the government commission to improve the sustainability of the economy, headed by First Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Belousov.
Earlier, the Ministry of Economic Development applied to the Association of Tour Operators of Russia (ATOR), the Russian Union of Travel Industry and the Association "Tourpomosch" with a request to provide information on the amount of losses incurred by tour operators at non-refundable rates, wrote "Kommersant".
At the end of February, ATOR sent a letter to Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin with a request to compensate for direct losses caused by the force majeure situation with the outbreak of coronavirus in China. Losses from only stopping flights and selling tours to China were estimated by tour operators at 600 million rubles. Market participants indicated that in the current situation they are in an unequal position compared to airlines. The fact is that according to the law (Article 14 of the Law "On the Basics of Tourist Activity"), for a failed trip to a country where Rosturizm recommended not to travel because of a security threat, the tour operator must return the full cost of the tour to the client. The tour operator cannot withhold from this amount actually incurred expenses, for example, money transferred to the airline for tickets. At the same time, the carriers themselves do not return these funds to him.
As RBC wrote earlier, there is no exact data on the number of Russians who cannot go home after a vacation abroad. Rostourism has information only about the clients of tour operators who are abroad - this is at least 100 thousand people. Most of them are found in the Caribbean, Southeast Asia and Turkey. The department does not have information about the persons who organized the trips on their own.
Rosaviatsia on March 20 announced that airlines will evacuate Russians from Spain, Montenegro, Portugal and Moldova in the next three days. A difficult situation with Russian tourists has also developed in Hungary, Morocco and Malta.
The official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry Maria Zakharova reported that there are about 9 thousand Russians abroad who are waiting for the issue to be resolved and returning home.
Russia, like a number of other countries, has introduced a ban on the entry of foreigners and stateless persons. It is valid from March 18 and will last until May 1.