The village of Bogolyubovo, near Vladimir, is a witness of the strengthening and formation of Vladimir-Suzdal Rus during the reign of Andrei Bogolyubsky. It was he who transferred the center of Russian statehood and culture from Kiev to the city of Vladimir. The princely city of Bogolyubov was built in 1158-1165. A legend is associated with the emergence of the city.
When Andrey walked from the south to the Rostov-Suzdal land, the horses that were carrying the miraculous icon of the Mother of God stopped in place. The prince ordered to stop for the night. In a dream, the Mother of God appeared to him. She ordered to build a city on the site of the stop and took the Vladimir land and the prince under the protection. Since then, Andrey was given the nickname Bogolyubsky, and the new city was named Bogolyubov.
Unfortunately, the rich residence of the prince also became the place of his death. A group of boyars organized a conspiracy. In the summer of 1174, they broke into the prince's bedroom and attacked him. The wounded Andrey Bogolyubsky tried to hide in the niche of the staircase tower, but was killed by the villains. The place of the death of the prince has survived to this day, they talk about him during excursions to the Holy Bogolyubsky Convent.
Sights of the Vladimir region. The most important and interesting sights of the Vladimir region are photos and videos, descriptions and reviews, location, sites.
Alexandrov, Museum passage, 20
The historical and architectural complex in the city of Alexandrov (130 km from Moscow) is part of the Golden Ring of Russia. Its palaces and temples were built by the best Russian and Italian architects who erected the Moscow Kremlin.
Gus-Khrustalny, st. Kalinina, 2A
Spa treatment is very much in demand and relevant today. The development of medical technology makes it possible to effectively combat many diseases. The comprehensive approach to treatment that is offered to the patients of sanatoriums, combined with a favorable atmosphere and wonderful natural factors, in most cases has a positive effect on the state of health.
On the territory of our country, there are several thousand sanatoriums of various levels and directions. Recently, more and more people come to the ancient Vladimir land for effective treatment.
The Vladimir region is one of the leaders in the field of modern spa treatment. This is largely due to the favorable climate features of these places. There is always a rather moderate and mild weather, typical for central Russia. In addition, the Vladimir region has long been famous for its beautiful dense forests. The forest zone covers a significant part of the territory of these lands. Here you can find both coniferous and deciduous and mixed forests.
Such a favorable climate has made it possible to build several excellent sanatoriums in the Vladimir region at once. Healing forest air, beautiful nature, picturesque landscapes - all this has a positive effect on the health of patients who come here for treatment from all over Russia.
It is worth noting the convenient location of all these medical institutions. The Vladimir region is located in close proximity to the Moscow region. Vladimir and Moscow are separated by a distance of less than 200 kilometers. Therefore, many sanatoriums can be reached from the capital in just a couple of hours. This is very convenient for both Muscovites and residents of other cities who get to the sanatorium through Moscow.
Each of the sanatoriums existing today can have its own rather narrow profile of treatment, or it can have a broad focus and help patients with different types of diseases. Regardless of this, there are groups of people who are especially indicated for treatment in sanatoriums:
All these patients can try on themselves the effective complex methods of treatment that are used today in the sanatoriums of the Vladimir region.
The Vladimir region is a real health resort for those who want to improve their health and just have a good rest in a calm and relaxed atmosphere far from the hustle and bustle of the city.
The village of Bogolyubovo, located in the Suzdal district of the Vladimir region, is famous for its unique attractions. It was founded in 1158 as the residence of the future Grand Duke Andrei Yurievich, who later went down in history as Andrei Bogolyubsky. The prince made a huge contribution to the development of his beloved town, paying great attention to the spiritual life. Most of the architectural masterpieces that make up the modern image of the city were erected on his initiative. Today Bogolyubovo is a center of pilgrim tourism and is included in the list of historical cities of Russia. An extraordinary journey into the ancient Russian era awaits the guests of this village.
When visiting Bogolyubovo, the first thing to do is to pay attention to its "zest" - special places that make up the unique look of the village.
One of the oldest temple complexes in Russia was founded in 1158 by Andrey Bogolyubsky. According to legend, on the way from Vladimir to Bogolyubovo to the prince, the Mother of God appeared in a dream. Impressed by what he saw, the pious prince ordered to paint an image on this place and to lay the church. This is how the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin was born, and the icon of the Mother of God created here was named Bogolyubskaya. Later, a temple was also erected in her honor.
The complex has captured a huge territory, on which, in addition to the church ensemble, the palace of Andrei Bogolyubsky is located. It was in this palace in 1174 that the prince was treacherously killed by his entourage. Presumably, this event was the reason for the founding of the women's monastery, so the perpetrators of the tragedy tried to atone for their sin.
After the death of Andrei Yuryevich, the temples he created continued to develop and soon became a center of mass pilgrimage. Local services were attended not only by townspeople, but also by residents of the surrounding area, as well as nobles and members of the royal family.
The monastery operated until 1923. During the Soviet years, the churches were closed, and some of them were transformed into museums. The architectural ensemble did not suffer from rebuilding and vandalism, as it was protected by the state and bore the status of a historical monument.
Monastic life was revived in 1991. In subsequent years, the buildings were renovated: the walls of the main cathedral were covered with fresh paint, outdated structural details were replaced, and a new iconostasis was installed. On the territory of the monastery, new outbuildings, workshops, fonts were built on the site of holy springs, and an orchard was planted.
Currently, the Holy Bogolyubsky Monastery of the Nativity of the Theotokos operates and is annually visited by thousands of pilgrims.
Church of the Intercession on the Nerl
"Everything will come down to computers and virtual travel." Children of Karelia may be left without tourism Governor of Karelia Artur Parfenchikov signed a decree on reorganization of popular institutions