Primorsky Krai is a remarkable region for the development of diverse types of tourism. Regional development of the tourism sector is a good help for a stable socio-economic situation in Primorsky Krai. Today this region of Russia is a popular place not so much for our compatriots as for representatives of the neighboring countries of the East.
The territory of the Far East is adjacent to such countries as China, South Korea, Japan and other countries of the Asia-Pacific region. Thanks to this, Primorye is naturally of great interest for foreign tourists, which can be proved by statistical data. The year 2020 will certainly be an exception, but the statistics of previous years showed a stable growth in the influx of foreign tourists. Note that the tourist infrastructure of the region has a large number of accommodation, catering, transport companies that transport tourists, however, compared to the regions of the center of Russia and the Krasnodar Territory, the infrastructure is not efficiently arranged, especially for foreign citizens. Therefore, to further increase the attractiveness of the region in the eyes of foreigners, it is necessary to develop tourism infrastructure.
One of the possibilities of the region are tourist routes, of which there are more than 300. They represent a set of various topics and directions, are offered in various directions of tourism, which we are now briefly describing.
The first of the popular Far Eastern types of tourism can be considered cruise, or sea tourism, the development of which was facilitated by the "Eastern Ring of Russia" project, which unites 12 regions of the Far East and Siberia. This project was developed by Rostourism for 2019–2025. with government support.
Since there are two more strong maritime powers with highly developed cruise tourism - Japan and South Korea - located near Primorye, the Russian region must at least match them in order to compete successfully. Foreigners are interested in tourism in Primorye, however, it is necessary to expand the maritime infrastructure to be able to receive more tourists.
The second popular type of tourism in Primorye is business tourism, which is mainly represented by international relations. For the development of this region, it is necessary to attract foreign investments, which means that it is necessary to interest foreign investors with something. One of the ways is to promote projects and demonstrate the tourism opportunities of the Far East, which are carried out at international events, for example, at the Pacific Tourism Forum, which has been held annually in Vladivostok for several years.
The third promising type of tourism is considered to be ecologically, or natural. Primorsky Krai is one of the most promising regions of Russia for the development of ecological tourism, as it has a variety and attractive natural landscapes, rich recreational resources, unique flora and fauna, a developed network of reserves and national parks, and much more. Recreation centers in Primorye are still concentrated in certain zones, mainly on the coast. This is understandable - people have always sought to relax by the sea. But there are still many beautiful places where there are simply no roads and no tourist infrastructure - only wild tourism.
This is not Sochi, this is the recreation center "Ocean" in Primorye
This is probably why foreign experts say that Primorye lacks tourist facilities that demonstrate the unique nature of Primorye. For example, the creation of a modern botanical garden in Vladivostok. After all, the garden itself already exists, but it needs to be modernized and put in order for mass tourists. The botanical garden needs to meet international standards. It already has a large collection of unique samples of the flora of the Far East, it remains to create modern buildings that would demonstrate the existing exhibits.
The fourth popular type of tourism is cultural and educational, which is the basis of every tourist city. Vladivostok can be classified as one of the richest city in tourist attractions with a great cultural heritage. The city of Vladivostok has a high historical value due to well-preserved architectural ensembles, monuments of history, archeology, complex of forts and planning structure. Its main attraction can be considered a kind of relief, which has natural sites that allow you to admire the beautiful views of the surrounding unique natural environment and the panorama of the city.
What are the key problems in the management of the tourist potential of Vladivostok and Primorye, which areas should be bet on, and what should be learned from the territories that are more successful in terms of tourism development? The head of the international project Rusapai, co-founder of the Vladivostok project told about this to the Business newspaper "Zolotoy Rog". ravel, director general of the RA "Far East Region" Kirill POTAPENKO.
Not so long ago, the initiator of the creation of the ANO "Tourist Bureau of Pacific Russia" returned from the III Kazan International Tourism Forum "Landmarks of the Future" (KITF), where he acted as an expert.
- Kirill Gennadievich, the topic of your speech in Kazan is integrated communication strategies for the Chinese market. Why is it relevant?
- The volume of outbound tourism in the PRC in the last 5 years has shown staggering growth, including in relation to Russia. Globally, this may not be such a large percentage in terms of percentage - only 1-1.5%, but the overall forecast for the number of Chinese traveling the world this year is simply enormous - 135 million people. The dominant share of Chinese outbound tourism is made up primarily of "home" destinations and the countries of Southeast Asia. If we take Europe, and this is how the Chinese perceive the Russian direction, then our country accounts for about 14% of all Chinese entry into European countries, and this is a very good indicator. True, the specificity of the audience of Chinese visiting Russia is the dominance of the older generation of Chinese residents aged 45 and over. This segment of the audience has a share of only 6%. While 82% of the total outbound flow from China are tourists aged 25-45. From which we can draw conclusions about the mega-prospects of the Chinese direction for Russia, if we can offer this category of tourists attractive products and services.
- How do the successes of Primorye look like in this regard?
- The Primorsky Territory accounts for about 20% of the total incoming flow of Chinese to Russia. This is a very strong market position, but these indicators have been achieved not because of, but in spite of. By and large, the number of Chinese could be disproportionately large if our border crossings, the capacity of the hotel room stock, the development of direct flights with Chinese cities and the quality of the development of urban and regional tourism infrastructure in general allowed it.
- What, in your opinion, should Primorsky Krai learn from the experience of Tatarstan in tourism development?
- First of all, it is a systematic professional approach to business, which manifests itself in everything, from small organizational issues of the forum itself, to the state policy in the field of tourism development at the republican level. Tourism in Tatarstan, not just in words, but in fact, is becoming the most important branch of the economy, on the development of which the republican government, the mayor of the city, and personally President Rustam MINNIKHANOV are working together. A system of state management of the tourism industry has been created in the republic, which includes such development institutions as the State Committee for Tourism Development, ANO Tourism Development Center of the Republic of Tatarstan, ANO Tourist Information Center, Excursion Center, Tourist Quality Service ". All these structures, in partnership with business and the public, are working to increase the attractiveness of Tatarstan and Kazan as a tourist destination at the level of world industry standards. This work is going on simultaneously at the level of strategy and tactics. In parallel with the development of infrastructure - there are 16 4-star and three 5-star hotels in Kazan, the largest water park in Europe, an aquarium and other facilities - attention is paid to the involvement of the entire population in the work: these are hospitality lessons in schools, courses for taxi drivers, shop assistants, drivers public transport, educational and social projects. In Kazan, it is noticeable with the naked eye that the development of tourism is indeed an integral part of the economy of Tatarstan, a part of city life.
- This week there will be a grand opening of the integrated entertainment zone "Primorye", on which they are placing a big stake in the development of tourism in the region ...
- This is a crazy idea in a good sense of the word, and we must pay tribute to those people who made it possible to implement such a grandiose investment project in Primorye, primarily those who convinced and retained investors despite the crisis. I am sure that in 7-8 years most of the planned development plans will be implemented, and the level of quality and service in this project will radically affect the entire hospitality industry in Primorye. Another question is that we need to think now so that, against the background of an information vacuum about our region abroad, Vladivostok does not turn exclusively into a Russian casino city. A lot of work is required to promote all of Vladivostok's other tourism opportunities on the global and especially on the Asian Internet. And this work must begin immediately.