Acquaintance with a country or people through catering establishments is a new direction of tourism. Gastronomic tourism has become attractive for lovers of good food or quality wine. Does not depend on the season, but is in great demand in autumn.
Many people think that the gastronomic tour is suitable only for gourmets or those who know a lot about any product. This direction of tourism introduces the tourist not to the product, but to the country through food.
1. Poisoning. Such a nuisance often happens in highly advertised tourist destinations. The flow of people there is large, and the preparation of national dishes can be compared to mass production: a lot of portions are prepared, therefore, products are purchased in large quantities. And it is not always possible to notice a low-quality product in the general mass.
2. Food intolerance. It happens that after the tasting, all the tourists are fine, but someone felt bad. It's not about the spoiled product, but about the individual characteristics of human digestion: in one, the body does not produce enzymes for the assimilation of milk, in the other - fish. In such cases, pancreatic support with medications is necessary.
3. Allergic reaction. Exotic fruits, unusual seafood, rare spices are products of a risk group: if a person has not previously encountered them, then he does not know how his body will react. And familiar allergens may not be recognized in time in multicomponent dishes, for example, peanuts - in a sauce for marinated chicken in Japanese style, and eggs - in Viennese strudel dough.
Even such familiar foods may be allergic
4. Infection. The likelihood of bringing an intestinal infection or helminths from a gastronomic trip is quite high, especially if dishes without heat treatment are popular in the visited country (in Japan - sushi, in Italy - carpaccio, etc.).
5. Alcoholic intoxication. Acquaintance with the national cuisine is often accompanied by alcohol tasting. And some events are entirely devoted to alcoholic beverages: Oktoberfest in Germany, Beaujolais holiday in France. It is not always possible for a tourist to stop on time, and as a result - a hangover, or even injury.
Wine tasting is a fun experience
Flanders Food Tour
Having left for another country, a person first admires and is surprised at its architecture. Houses, streets and lanes are the face of any city. Looking at them, you understand how the indigenous people live and what they care about. Having admired enough architecture, the traveler pays attention to the behavior and dialect of the "natives". This is the character of the city. Delving into the mentality of foreigners - you see the path of development of the country, you find the relationship between the temperament of the population and its history. And only after that do you taste the local dishes. This is the heart of the country. Their taste explains what people love, what they care about, what they enjoy. That is why gastronomic tourism has always been popular - it is impossible to understand the country without trying the culinary delights of its best chefs and traditional dishes familiar to local residents.
Food Tours are one of the many reasons to travel in Belgium. The streets of this country are saturated with the unique aroma of dark chocolate and hot waffles. Belgium is also special in that it is home to the "culinary mecca" of Europe - Flanders. Belgium has brought together the best chefs in this region, who feel satisfaction from life only if they change the taste of a traditional dish to a delicious unrecognizability, or create something fundamentally new. Interestingly, due to the fact that the ingredients for Flemish cuisine are mostly ordinary vegetables and fruits, a person with absolutely any budget can afford a gastronomic tour around these parts.
You cannot consider yourself a real gourmet if you have not tried Flemish shrimp, cheese or beer and do not know the term "rebel of Flemish cuisine." The best chefs of this country have decided not to follow the European traditions of gastronomic conservatism. They have not only preserved their culinary heritage, but also changed, and continue to change every day. That is why poets, musicians, scientists and revolutionaries loved and love to have a rest in Belgium. The enchanting symbiosis of history and the future, hidden in every Flemish dish, inspires, soothes and gives hope, makes you love yourself and those around you, and as a result, colors life in completely new, bright and saturated colors.
Despite the modest size of Belgium, the diversity of this country's cuisine can be envied. Each town considers it an honor to surpass its "geographical neighbors-competitors" in the eternal struggle for a satisfied and well-fed visitor's smile. Therefore, only having visited the restaurants of Brussels, Antwerp, Bruges and Ghent, you can confidently say to yourself: "I know Belgian cuisine."
But the city has its own piquant side. Meat delicacies, many types of beer, persistent aroma of cinnamon and "grut" spices. You yourself have the right to decide what to try and with what memories to return home. Although, to be honest - you need to try everything.
Having breathed the Belgian air, understood their culture and tasted the cuisine - you will want to go back there, and you will definitely come back. Traveling to Flanders will first become a hobby for you, then a passion, and in the end - a necessity.
Cappadocia Food Tour
Cooking class - duration 4 hours.
Cooking class - duration 4 hours.
The water tourism club "Altair" Tourclub conducts an additional course of the school of primary tourist training "FEATURES OF WATER TRAVELING ON CATAMARANS" Show in full. Lessons