In the direction of health tourism, Turkey is one of the five world leaders. More and more foreign patients come here to treat diseases. The government is actively developing medical tourism, planning to receive 2 million patients from other countries in 2023 and earn more.
In the direction of health tourism, Turkey is one of the five world leaders. More and more foreign patients come here to treat diseases. The government is actively developing medical tourism, planning to receive 2 million patients from other countries in 2023 and earn over $ 20 billion. Significant success has already been achieved in this direction: Turkish hospitals have more than 1 million medical tourists a year.
Why is Turkey better?
The medical tourism industry is developing all over the world. The total cost of it is over $ 100 billion per year.
Most countries with developed medicine are attractive to foreign patients. But the prices in them are often too high. Turkey is an exception in this regard. Local hospitals offer competitive prices. The cost of examination and treatment here is much lower than in the USA or Western European countries, but the quality of the services provided remains at the same high level. To attract medical tourists at affordable prices, the government has canceled VAT for foreign patients who are treated in clinics certified by the Turkish Ministry of Health.
Several reasons why you should choose Turkish hospitals:
- JCI accreditation. More than fifty Turkish hospitals are certified by the most authoritative organization that evaluates the activities of medical clinics. According to this indicator, the country is the leader in Europe and ranks second in the world. The JCI certificate means that the hospital uses effective and safe methods of treatment for the patient, well-organized work and provides a comfortable environment.
- Prices. Turkish clinics provide high-quality medical services, but their cost is 2-3 times lower than in Western Europe, the USA or developed Asian countries.
- Medical equipment. Tens of billions of dollars have been invested in Turkish medicine over the past few years. Most of the large private clinics are focused on foreign patients and keep the bar high: they use the latest medical technologies.
- Infrastructure. Turkey has been developing tourism for decades. Therefore, there are large airports, a huge number of comfortable hotels, good roads and convenient communications.
- Hospitality. In Turkey, foreigners never encounter negative attitudes from local citizens. There is no racial, religious or other intolerance here. Everyone understands that the country's economy largely depends on the number of tourists, so you are always welcome in Turkey.
- Rest. In most cases, foreign patients are not permanently in the hospital. They have plenty of free time to relax in Turkey, visit local tourist sites and sightseeing. After treatment, many people stay in the country to strengthen the body and recuperate at one of the many resorts.
- Economy. Turkey is an inexpensive country. Therefore, non-medical costs will not be high here either, which is especially important for patients who require long-term treatment or rehabilitation.
Thus, Turkey has ideal conditions for health tourism. That is why the number of foreign tourists who visit this country doubles every 2 years.
Oncology in Turkey
About 4 out of 10 patients attending Turkish hospitals come to this country for cancer treatment. In the treatment of oncology, serious success has indeed been achieved here.
Turkish specialists are trained and trained in the best clinics in the world. Hospitals have state-of-the-art equipment at their disposal, which is why they use the most modern types of cancer treatment. Some examples:
- Prostate cancer has a close to 100% cure rate. Turkish medical centers perform laparoscopic and robot-assisted surgeries to remove prostate tumors.
- Colon cancer is removed through the laparoscopic approach. After such an operation, patients recover faster and suffer from dangerous complications less often. Even at the last stage of cancer, treatment can be effective: doctors perform cytoreductive surgeries followed by intraperitoneal chemotherapy.
- Breast cancer is not only cured with surgery. Turkish doctors restore the shape of a woman's breasts using their own tissues or implants. Reconstruction can be performed simultaneously or at the second stage of treatment, after radiation therapy.
- Blood cancer (acute leukemia) is treated with chemotherapy, and if it does not help, then a bone marrow transplant is performed. More than 3 thousand such procedures are performed in the country annually. The overwhelming majority of them are effective - they cure cancer and do not give serious complications.