The urban settlement "Velskoe" is part of the Velsky municipal district, which is located in the south of the Arkhangelsk region and borders on the Konoshsky, Shenkursky, Ustyansky, Vologda districts. Population on 01.1009. - 25.79 thousand people.
By the nature of the relief, the territory of the Velsky district is a weakly undulating plain, which is part of the vast Belomoro-Kuloi plateau. The region is located in the taiga zone and is characterized by a temperate continental climate with long cold winters and moderately warm short summers.
The city is located on the Konosha-Kotlas railway and on the Moscow-Arkhangelsk federal highway, which provides transport accessibility from St. Petersburg, Vologda, Komi, Karelia.
The city of Velsk is one of the oldest cities in the Russian North. Located on the spit of two rivers: Vaga and Vel.
The first mention of the “village near Veli” dates back to 1137. At first it was called a churchyard, and from 1550 it was called a posad. It received the status of the city by the decree of Catherine II of August 6, 1780. At the same time, Velsk became the administrative center of the Velsky district of the Vologda province.
The historical coat of arms of the city was adopted on October 2, 1780 after the publication of the decree of Catherine II on the establishment of the Vologda governorship. In the upper part of the coat of arms there is a fragment of the coat of arms of Vologda, in the lower part - a barrel with tar on a yellow background, as a sign that the local population was engaged in tar smoking.
Velsk was the smallest city in the Vologda province, but it had the largest share of the noble population -20%, more than half of the city's urban population referred to themselves as peasants - 51.5%.
In 1929 Velsk became a regional center in the Northern Territory (since 1937 - in the Arkhangelsk Region).
Velsk is a city in Russia, the administrative center of the Velsky district of the Arkhangelsk region of Russia. Population - 25.8 thousand people (2010).
The city is located on the left bank of the Vaga River at the confluence of the Vel River, 545 km from Arkhangelsk.
The settlement was first mentioned in 1137 in the charter of the Novgorod prince Svyatoslav Olgovich as a collection point for church tribute; in the annals of 1397 it is referred to as the Vel volost.
After the Great October Socialist Revolution, Velsk continued to be the center of the Velsky district of the Vologda province. For a short time (April - December 1918) the county was part of the Union of Communes of the Northern Region, until the Vologda province left this administrative entity.
On January 14, 1929, the Vologda province was abolished, and the Velsky district became part of the Northern Territory. Six months later, on July 15, 1929, the county was transformed into the Velsky district as part of the Nyandomsky district of the Northern Territory.
Since December 5, 1936, when the Northern Territory was abolished, Velsk became the regional center of the Northern Region.
From September 23, 1937 to the present, Velsk is the center of the Velsky district of the Arkhangelsk region.
The catalog of Velsk sites is the first guidebook of this format for regional Internet resources: news, goods and web services in Velsk. Today in the database of our catalog is 29ru. et/velsk/information about 288 Velsk sites, city forums, blogs and VKontakte groups has been collected and systematized. All links are placed on separate pages with screenshots, short descriptions and the ability to go directly to the source with traffic statistics, views and popularity ratings. Many Velsk sites are provided with detailed descriptions, reviews and user comments. In their sections and categories, all Velsk sites are systematized by headings-tags and additionally have direct links in the relevant site topics, news and business sections of the Arkhangelsk region catalog.
The Sukhona River appears in various events in Russian history related to the development of the Russian North. It is also considered the largest and most beautiful in the Vologda region (since the Northern Dvina refers not only to the Vologda region). Its important difference is the narrowing towards the lower reaches and the spring turn of the water. This is abnormal, judging by all the other rivers. That is, the nature of movement in the Sukhonsky channel is unstable.
The Sukhona River has a length of 558 km. Its area is 50,300 sq. km. The greatest width reaches 290 m (the entrance to the North Dvinsky canal). The average value is 80 m. The reservoir crosses the Ust-Kubensky, Sokolsky, Mezhdurechensky, Totemsky, Tarnogsky, Nyuksensky and Velikoustyugsky districts of the Vologda region. The main direction of movement is northeast. However, in a flood, the water can turn to the "starting" point. Its maximum consumption is 456 cubic meters per second. The depth in the river basin in some places reaches 20 m. The distance from the top of the yar to the bottom of the entire valley near Opok is 100 meters. That is, the channel is cut almost as deep as that of the Yenisei. Food is mainly snow-fed (extreme proximity to the Arctic Circle). The system consists of 67 tributaries (not counting streams). The largest are Pelshma and Dvinitsa.
The Sukhona River appeared at the end of the Holocene, and the first settlements on its water edges - back in the 17th millennium BC (someone survived perfectly well during the Ice Age). In the upper layers, evidence of contacts of the ancestors of the Finno-Ugrians with representatives of the “Aryan” Fatyanovo culture was found. This neighborhood gave birth to the ancestors of the future Vepsians, Komi and Merians. Closer to the Christian era, the lower reaches were occupied by the Sami - the northernmost European Finno-Ugrians. But the current hydronym of purely Slavic (or rather Slovenian) origin is “a river with a dry bottom”. The oldest description of the Sukhona River was left to us by the very same Slovenes - the future founders of the Novgorod Republic. The first Novgorodians reached Zavolochye at the end of the 9th century, making their way to the territory of the future Vologda region at the same time as the Krivichi. They just moved along other waterways. Slovenes were nicknamed by the local population Chudyu Zavolochskaya. Their first cities along the desired channel are Veliky Ustyug, Vologda and Totma. Everything was not always peaceful with the natives ...
At some point, the local locations are controlled by the Varangians of Sineus, who occupied Beloozero. One of his descendants in 1278 even ordered to straighten the river bend near the source. Since the 11th century, the Sukhona River has been (from the eastern bank) under the control of the Vladimir-Suzdal princes, who were actively expanding their possessions at that time, including in the northwest direction. Then regular settlements appeared here, and not winter roads (owned by Novgorodians). By the beginning of the Horde invasion, the banks of this stream became the border between the indicated state formation and the Novgorod Land (which already included all the peoples of the then Russian North). A period of confrontation began, sometimes turning into military clashes. The Muscovite state, which gained strength, took possession of Zavolochye in the 15th century (before that the land was contested by the Belozersk, Rostov and Tver principalities). In these dark taiga forests, with the help of the local population, the Moscow state is actively collecting furs, selling it for export. During the Troubles, the most dramatic events in the history of the Vologda region took place on these banks - the local governor Nikita Pushkin swears allegiance to the Tushinsky Thief (False Dmitry II). From these mostly, the edge is flooded with Polish-Lithuanian interventories and mercenaries of the Trubetsky renegade. The Valley of Sukhona, including, is subjected to a gravily ruin.
In another 2 years (already in 1614), the detachments of another traitor attack these weights - "Cossacks and Cherkasy" Ataman Balovnya. Normal life has improved in this area only next year. From the mouth of Sukhona went to the north of Expedition Dezhnev and Atlasov. During the period of Catherine reforms, the reservoir was within the borders of the Vologda province. In these progressive times, many villages turn into cities. We presented by the "abnormal" watercourse tried to study Mikhail Lomonosov. From 1825 to 1829, the North-Dvinsky Channel is built. The desired hydrological object becomes part of its system. In 1850, Sukhona flowed in the opposite direction. At the junction of the 18th-19 centuries, the Prosechon part of the province became the main center for industrial oil processing. And during the Great Patriotic War, this product produced this product with a record pace. Transportation of the Sukhon River due to profitability loss was discontinued in the 1990s. Now the movement concerns only ferries and small vessels. During the period of the river biography, different parts of her channel began to gradually receive their names.
The source of the Sukhona River is located at an altitude of 110 meters above sea level - in the girle of the North Dvini Channel. The width of the river start is 290 meters. To the north there is a huge river bay with an island similar in shape on the plug. The source of the Sukhona River lies in the location, which also includes an ample interfluve (space between the named channel and the hardband). From the south side - a thick birch grove. Administratively, the locality belongs to the Sokolsky district of the 35th region.@. The mouth of the Sukhona river lies on the lands of the same area - between 2 districts of the city of Veliky Ustyug (the kingdom in the south and the Dambia of the Great Ustyug in the north). This is a koromyslovskaya.
The Sukhon River has three unlike each other. From the source (and he, as we know, not far from the Kuben Lake) to the village of Shuisky water, flows slowly, exclusively on lowland. The battery width is up to 120 meters. It is expanding with time, since it is on this fragment that most of the most significant sleeves are replenished - Vologda (on a large southern radiation), Pelshma and Dvitor. Immediately passes through the majority of wetlands (boronic and meadow) lowlands. Natural arboretums are found here, but there are more juicy bunnies. Shallow canals are allocated. From Shuisky to Totma, the valley narrows, the right bank rises to 10 (Northern Uvaly), the left one - up to 3-4 meters (hilly area). Here the course of the Sukhona River is also transformed in terms of nature. The remaining boggy meadows (of which there were not many) on both sides are replaced by dark coniferous forests (spruce and pine). The channel is already up to 240 meters wide, and at the “finish” it is 300 meters. Suddenly, shoals and uncomfortable rifts appear (in summer, even small ships try not to go here). Due to these factors, the flow of the Sukhona River is unexpectedly accelerating. We are talking about the segment with the most unstable bottom in terms of the relief.
Since at some points the depth may be 1 meter, the hydrological object received the nickname "dry" ("Sukhona" was once pronounced with an accent on the 1st syllable). In this section, the main stream meets Shuya, Tolshma, Pechenga and Tsareva. From the village of Podbolotnaya the edge is again extremely low. After all, the most swampy section of the waterway begins here. At the final section (from Totma to the confluence with the South), the rivers Ledenga, Edenga, Staraya Totma, Uftyuga and dozens of smaller rivers flow into the Sukhona river basin (the stream cannot be counted at all). The valley narrows again, and the indigenous shores approach the water itself, hanging over it here and there from a height of 80 meters. From the bend around the Opoka geological monument (where the highest yars on the river are located), the water "artery" begins to slide down, forming many rapids. It's just that the river goes down as much as possible here, and the level of the neighboring land remains at the same level. Only the water of the South makes the described reservoir expand in the Dvinsky area (it has already been described) up to 300 m. However, many argue that in a flood, its diameter can be equal to 400 meters.
Sights of the Sukhona River
Buy Shoes Winter. We will quickly deliver all over Russia. 8 800 3333 9 31. A large selection of equipment and components for yachts and boats for fishing and tourism at the best prices.