Grodno region is the land of beautiful castles, family estates and fabulous lakes. It is located in the northwest of the Republic of Belarus and borders on Lithuania and Poland.
These lands were developed in the late Paleolithic period. However, fame came to them only at the beginning of the 12th century. This was the time of the emergence of large cities (Grodno - 1128, Novogrudok - 1212, Volkovysk and Slonim - 1252, Lida - 1380). They all have an interesting and rich history. Thus, Novogrudok was the first capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. In this city, the coronation ceremony of the first king of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania Mindaugas took place.
Centuries passed, but the nobility and strength of the Grodno lands remained unchanged. Even after joining Russia at the end of the eighteenth century, they were able to "show" themselves on the positive side. Grodno province was considered one of the most economically developed territories.
During the 1917 revolution, active uprisings took place here. In 1921 the Riga Peace Treaty was signed. According to its provisions, the lands located in the Neman region were transferred to Poland. Since September 1939 the Grodno region became part of the BSSR. An active partisan movement on the territory of the region developed during the Great Patriotic War. In addition, many inhabitants of the Nemansky land took part in the battles on the fronts. This region was liberated from the Nazi invaders in July 1944
Grodno and the Grodno region in the post-war years were restored at a fairly rapid pace. A chemical and textile industry was established in the Nemansk region. Mechanical engineering also developed.
20. 9. 944 the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR was signed. According to this document, the Grodno region was formed. She became part of the Byelorussian SSR. Districts of the Grodno region - Volkovyssky and Berestovitsky, Svislochsky and Grodno, Ivyevsky and Slonimsky. This list also includes Mostovsky and Oshmyansky, Dyatlovsky and Korelichsky, Novogrudok and Voronovsky, Zelvensky and Lidsky, Ostrovets and Smorgonsky, as well as Shchuchinsky. Thus, there are 17 districts in the Grodno region. There are twelve cities and twenty-one urban-type settlements on the territory of the Nemanskaya land. The villages of the Grodno region are united in 194 village councils.
Representatives of travel agencies and the media gathered in Novogrudok on December 6 to get acquainted with the area and get to know better its tourism potential. The press tour is carried out within the framework of the local initiative "Developing Tourism in Novogrudok together" of the project "Assistance to Local Development in the Republic of Belarus", which is funded by the European Union and implemented by the United Nations Development Program.
Svetlana Korolko, deputy chairman of the Novogrudok regional executive committee, addressed the participants of the press tour with a welcoming speech.
- The rich historical heritage of Novogrudok region, amazing nature, great opportunities for the development of tourism leave no one indifferent. Our city is an active participant in many international projects aimed at sustainable development of the area. Within the framework of the project "Promotion of local development in the Republic of Belarus", a competition of local initiatives was held, and three initiatives of our city became its winners. Today you will get acquainted with the implementation of one of them - "Developing tourism in Novogrudok region".
As noted by the coordinator of the initiative Natalya Kovalevich, the idea of the initiative is, first of all, to involve the local community in the development of domestic tourism. And it succeeded, the public was very actively involved in activities to create a new tourism product. Within the framework of the initiative, 4 new cycling routes were developed: King Mindovg, Heart of Grazhina, Zorachka Charashli, Letapisnaya Litva and the Svitsyazianski parscenak hiking route. The purpose of the press tour is to tell about the work done and to acquaint with the tourism opportunities of the region.
Acquaintance with Novogrudok began with a visit to the historic center of the city. The participants visited the Castle Hill, visited the A. Mitskevich House-Museum, where they were shown an animated performance, and also got acquainted with the exposition of the Novogrudok Museum of History and Local Lore.
Then the participants of the press tour went to the lake. Litovka, which is the main object of the cycle route "Letapisnaya Litva", and in the afternoon we visited the ecological information center on the lake. Swee
tyaz with animation program “Visiting 12 months”.
A special response from everyone was caused by the acquaintance with the exposition "Jewish Resistance in Novogrudok during the Holocaust".
At the end of the day, the participants of the press tour were warmly welcomed by the art gallery of the artist Konstantin Kachan. Konstantin Ivanovich Kachan conducted a tour of his exposition, and also showed a master class on painting.
At the end of the day, a round table was held: "Tourism as one of the main priorities of the territorially oriented development of the Novogrudok region", where the participants were able to share their views on the routes created and the tourism potential that Novogrudok has today.
Novogrudok Territory is one of the most interesting and beautiful places in Belarus. preserved monuments of history, like frames of old film, show fragments of the rich past of our land. At present, Novogrudok and Novogrudok district is a developing tourist center, a priority attraction for international tourist flows. The main directions of tourism development in the Novogrudok region are educational tourism, religious tourism, agro-ecotourism and sports tourism.
Sightseeing tour of the city "Novogrudok - the first capital of the ON"
The ruins of the castle - Mount Mindovga - A. Mitskevich's mound - Orthodox, Catholic and Muslim churches - monuments to A. Mitskevich, St. Elisha Lavrishevsky, Vladimir Vysotsky, etc. - monuments of the history of urban planning
NOVOGROUDOK. One of the oldest cities in Belarus (1044). The settlement on the territory of modern Novogrudok emerged in the 10th century. The city was an important craft and trade center.
During the walking tour, you can get acquainted with the witnesses of the glorious history of the Novogrudok region, which have survived to this day from the gray times of antiquity, with numerous monuments of archeology, history and architecture:
Ø The Farny Church, built in the 14th century, rebuilt in the 17th century. Here in 1395 King Yagailo married Princess Sophia Golshanskaya, and on February 12, 1799 little Adam Mitskevich was baptized. In the chapel of the church there is a sarcophagus with the remains of 11 nuns of the Order of the Sisters of the Holy Family from Nazareth, who were shot by the Nazis in 1943, canonized;
Ø The ruins of the castle, which was built in the 13th century, was completed during the 14-16th centuries, burned by the Swedes in 1706, only the ruins of 2 towers have survived;
Ø Mount Mindovg, the place where, according to legend, Prince Mindovg, the founder of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, is buried;
Ø Mound of A. Mitskevich (filled in 1924-1931);
Ø Church of St. Ikhaila, founded in 1624 as a church of the Dominican order. It acquired its modern look at the beginning of the 18th century. A monument of Baroque architecture with elements of classicism. Nearby, in a monastery that has not survived, there was a Dominican school, a student of which was A. Itskevich;
Ø Church of St. Oris and Gleb (designed and built on the ruins of a 12th century church, and there are very few of them in Belarus, it was rebuilt in the 16-17th centuries) An architectural monument with elements of Gothic and Renaissance; <
Help on Tele2, tariffs, questions Rural tourism in the Crimea. Holidays in Crimea in the off-season Over time, more and more people are fond of green tourism, which is also called rural or